To help you start your career off right, IFT offers the Premier Early Career discounted membership to professionals in the first three years of their career post-graduation. Making strategic connections and having access to helpful resources is an essential part of ensuring your entry into the profession is successful and impactful. By investing in future global food professionals, IFT supports it mission—investing in the future safety, nutrition, and sustainability of our planet’s food system. With a Premier Early Career Membership, you can invest in your career and have a meaningful impact in the global food community.
Network, Establish Your Career, and Get Ahead
- Make strategic connections: Connect with IFT’s talented and passionate community of food science and food technology professionals. IFT sections allow you to connect at the regional, national, and global level. Participate in online, topic-based communities with IFT divisions
- Get inside access to career opportunities: Secure connections for new job opportunities and access information about which companies are hiring through IFT’s online Career Center
- IFT Annual Event and Food Expo discounts: Enjoy the highest discount on registration for the IFT Annual Event and Food Expo, the largest and most comprehensive global science of food event. First year, Early Career members receive student-level pricing on the annual event!
- Leadership programs: Opportunities to participate in IFT’s Emerging Leadership Network program and apply for IFT volunteer leadership opportunities
Stay Informed About the Latest Advancements in Food Science
- Receive a print and digital subscription to IFT’s flagship magazine, Food Technology
- Subscribe and receive the largest discounts to the Journal of Food Science, IFT’s comprehensive, peer-reviewed research and critical reviews journal
- Access insightful analysis of trends, consumer insights, and what’s coming next in the science of food
- Enjoy the ease of staying informed with trusted information delivered in concise bite-size pieces through IFT’s weekly newsletters like IFTNEXT and The Weekly
Keep Learning with IFT’s Tools
- Free access to all live and on-demand webcasts, virtual events, and podcasts
- IFT courses with the highest price discount
- 35% discount on scientific books
Page charges are waved for Premier Early Career members publishing in IFT’s journals including the Journal of Food Science (normally $135/published page) and Comprehensive Reviews in Food Science and Food Safety (normally $95/published page).
Year 1- $80
Year 2- $120
Year 3- $160
Section dues, where applicable, are additional and vary by section.
Contact IFT at email@example.com or by phone at +1.312.782.8424.